Reselling products is a good money-making method for anyone who wants to start an online business without creating your own product. There are different ways to source products, including dropshipping or online arbitrage. There are also various platforms where you can sell products, and Amazon is one of the best options.
The main thing to keep in mind is that you need to find a product with an adequate difference between the initial price and selling price. To make a profit from reselling on Amazon, it’s essential to identify profitable items in high demand.
In this article, you will find out how to identify trending categories, analyze products’ and niches’ levels of demand, and evaluate their profitability.
How to Find the Best Items to Resell on Amazon
To choose a suitable product to sell, first you need to do ample product research.
This process includes market research, competitor analysis, keyword research, and more. We’ll cover the most essential parts in three sections.
Below are the criteria you need to look for when searching for a product.
Initial Market Research
- Track Trends and Social Media: Follow top influencers on social media, as they often set trends or are the first to showcase new items that become in-demand fast.
- Look at Amazon’s Best Sellers: Explore the Best Sellers section on Amazon to see popular products across different categories. This can help you narrow down your search and pick a niche that interests you.
- Read Customer Reviews: Pay close attention to customer reviews under each product listing. A large number of positive reviews indicates high demand and customer satisfaction, which means the product performs well and has the potential for resale.
Data-Driven Approach to Measuring Demand
- Analyze Product Sales: To get a better understanding of a product, it’s not enough to just look at its review count. The best indicator of a product’s success is its sales numbers. Special product research tools can help you identify items with consistent sales rankings.
- Research Popular Keywords: Use keyword research tools, such as Google Trends and third-party tools, to help you identify popular search terms and phrases for your target category. The more queries a keyword has, the higher the demand for it. But be careful, as high demand usually comes with high competition.
Assess Сompetition and Profitability
- Check the Number of Other Sellers: The lower the number of other strong sellers there are selling the same product, the more chances you have to succeed in the niche. The optimal number of other sellers on a listing is between 2 and 15.
- Estimate Your Profits: First, calculate all of your costs, including the sourcing product price, Amazon fees, shipping expenses, and others. Deduct these costs from your price on Amazon to calculate your profits. If your margin is 5% or higher, this is considered a good sign.
Careful research is important for selecting successful products to resell on Amazon. With the help of this type of analysis, you can make informed decisions and increase your chances of making money.
Top 25 Product Ideas to Resell on Amazon
Depending on your area of interest and product metrics, there are thousands of products you can sell on Amazon. For beginner sellers who are unsure where to start, pay attention to this list of popular Amazon products based on market trends:
- Smart home devices
Fashion and Accessories:
- Trendy clothing
- Brand-name shoes
- Designer handbags and wallets
- Sunglasses and watches
Home and Kitchen:
- Kitchen appliances (e.g., blenders, coffee makers)
- All-purpose household cleaners
- Bed textile
- Decorative items
- Eco-friendly utensils
Toys and Baby products:
- Lego sets
- Board games and puzzles
- Strollers & car seats
- Baby diapers
Health and Beauty:
- High-end cosmetics and skincare brands
- Organic beauty products
- Fitness equipment
- Vitamins and supplements
Books and Media:
- Bestselling books and box sets
- Limited edition book collections
- Blu-rays and DVDs
- Vinyl records and CDs
Remember, this is not an exhaustive list, but it provides a starting point for reselling profitable items on Amazon.
Is Reselling Items on Amazon Worth It?
Sure, it can be worth it for many sellers, as it offers the potential to start your own business with little money and build a profitable source of income. However, success depends mostly on finding a suitable product. Product research can help you identify specific products with high demand, low competition and solid profit.